Thursday, February 11, 2010

Worth the Fight?


I've been pondering whether I'm bitter or not? If me, writing about ex boyfriends, ex husbands and genuine dirt bags around the globe is because I'm insecure and bitter...Heck yes I'm bitter...But I am NOT insecure. Guys have this incredible way of making us feel like we have no backbone and no gusto sometimes! Sometimes they can make us feel so incredible, but when it comes down to an argument, somehow WE always end up feeling bad, even if they...in fact...are the douche bag in the scenario! How does this happen? And why do we go back once they've made us feel like poo? Watching a good friend cry is never an easy thing to witness, and typically I become like a mama lion protecting her young. I'll go straight for the jugular of any guy that belittles, cheats on, hits or generally hurts any one of this puffer's friends. Puff.
The comradery of girlfriends is unbelievable. Once I sat in my living room and cried on the phone to one a friend that "No one would ever fight for me. I wasn't worth fighting for." And within 30 minutes I had a D'Giorno pizza, chips, wine and "Sex and the city" at my doorstep in the form of one amazing friend. Love can make us take down our walls, can make us forget that at one point in our life we swore off men , and give us new found confidence. But the second we are hurt, we are sent into a disastrous tailspin filled with ben & jerry's, slutty decisions and lots and lots of wine. I've never hated and loved and emotion so much in my entire life.Puff.
The good news is that when we're on the couch in our pj's that we've worn for 3 days straight...with mascara stained cheeks, sitting in the dark...we can look to our right, and sometimes our left if we're extra lucky, and see the silver lining that is our friends...and for that, I may just give this love thing another shot. Depuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment